Saturday, February 14, 2009

What Are You Doing for Valentine’s Day?

For many of us Valentines is a day associated with flowers, romantic dinners, and chocolate. This year’s advertising theme stayed pretty tried and true, although most offering value in honor of the economy. Online it was FTD and ProFlowers, while TV had plenty of teddy bears and jewelry was also popular. Did they work on you? For some reason I found chocolate irresistible, this is a little out of the ordinary for me. It was the Godiva online ads that got me hook, line, and sinker. Yep, I was heading out to the mall last night for a quick fix even ahead of the festivities, just couldn’t help myself. I kept seeing the same ad over and over for the previous few days and had to indulge.

Did the ads help you play cupid this year, perhaps serve as a friendly reminder of the upcoming holiday, or provide a little creative inspiration to come up with the perfect gift?