Saturday, January 3, 2009

Speaking of New Year’s Resolutions – internet dating extreme

It’s always about the marketing! I was watching Good Morning America yesterday when I see a women being interviewed for her New Year’s resolution to find a husband in 52weeks. She launched a website to promote herself, which of course includes videos and lots of personal information. I am not really a fan of the New Year’s resolution, it always seems like people set themselves up for failure with unrealistic expectations like lose a billion pounds, quite smoking 2 packs a day, find a husband in a year, but that's just me. What I found strange about this particular resolution was the strategy around implementing the plan.

Here is a person sitting on national television talking about her mission to find a husband by making it easy for people to get to know her by using her website. I can only imagine the amount of traffic her site received after being on GMA.

I wonder if her marketing will pay off?
Do you think she will find Mr. Right by advertising herself online as wife material?
How many of you would go this extreme to find a mate?